Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ducks Gameday—Lazy pun Sunday

Dallas Stars (43-29-6, 5th in west) at Anaheim Ducks (44-27-8, 3rd in west)

I'm too lazy to write anything quality today, but maybe it's more than laziness keeping me from being productive. Maybe having Dallas in town has contaminated the local air quality.


Cough, cough, Turco sucks, cough, cough.

Prediction: I did see both Giguere and Getzlaf in Friday night's pre-game warm-ups, so I expect that both probably play tonight. Ducks 3, Sars 2. Goals by Bertuzzi, Pahlsson, and Weight.

Go Ducks.

5 comments:

RudyKelly said...

Sars? Is this 2004?

Earl Sleek said...

Aw, c'mon. You're talking to a guy who makes A-Team and Mr. Kotter references; I can't be short-term nostalgic?

Anonymous said...

Why wasn't Turco given a high sticking penalty? I know it wasn't intentional, but they gave him a double minor for the same thing against the sharks? ... NHL referees, gotta love them.

Earl Sleek said...

I wasn't that surprised by the lack of a call. It's all PP politics all over again--to that point in the game the Stars had taken 3 penalties to the Ducks' 1, plus the Ducks had scored on a PP and were leading, and the refs were looking to even up a bit more.

I guess the only thing that bothers me somewhat: If it were Ryan Kesler taking Turco's stick to the face, I'm pretty sure TSN would be in full suspension mode.

Odd how that justice machine turns on only when it's Canada-convenient.

Anonymous said...

Could we see San Jose and Anaheim start the presses against Dallas?