Takes and trash talk from both ALL sides of the NHL's most obscure PATHETIC* rivalry

* Thanks, Kevin Lowe!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh Hey, Look What Came Out

"A whole new vocabulary seems to be required. To say that the movie is not funny is merely to affirm the obvious. The word unfunny surely applies to Mr. Myers’s obnoxious attempts to find mirth in physical and cultural differences but does not quite capture the strenuous unpleasantness of his performance. No, The Love Guru is downright antifunny, an experience that makes you wonder if you will ever laugh again."

-NYTimes

I was going to go see this and write a review saying how it sucks, but I think the New York Times did my work for me.

4 comments:

Earl Sleek said...

The Love Guru is downright antifunny, an experience that makes you wonder if you will ever laugh again.

Well, I get that this guy wants to be scathing, but this is just dumb. I mean, when I find something really funny I don't start wondering if I'll ever stop laughing.

Good call, though, Rudy. I'd rather read your review of something like the Hulk 2.

brokeyard said...

...but you know it's not "The Hulk 2", right?

Five reasons Hockey Fans will Hate the Love Guru: (Spoilers)

1. The Stanley Cup finals are reformatted to a 2-3-2 series.

2. Rob Blake plays center.

3. Multi-game suspensions handed out on the ice after a huge brawl.

4. The clock runs on a penalty shot.

5. The Leafs actually win the Stanley Cup.

Earl Sleek said...

...but you know it's not "The Hulk 2", right?

That distinction only matters if you remember what happened in the first movie. :)

jamestobrien said...

If you get pissed off about spoilers for "The Love Guru" then do the world a favor and hang yourself.